Sunday, December 02, 2007

Marathon Marks The End of The Week

Tuesday was Dearie's actual birthday. Took half day specially celebrated it with her, along with my mother and brother. At last, it was expected to be a happy for everybody. Finally it's her birthday, and i could still clearly remember a year ago, her birthday was spent happily. I'm always happy during such special occasions. Same goes for mum and bro, for they finally get to eat something 'decent' and nice! Hee..


At least, under the Starhub latest promotion scheme, i'm able to upgrade my handset without having to wait for my contract to end or even nearing the end. All thanks to my mother, being a hub club member. Well, i must say the compeition between Starhub and Singtel really benefits consumers under them. Promotions, freebies, discounts and stuff are always on the go to maintain the compeition between the two, so in the end, it's still a win-win situation.

I bought my Nokia N81 for 298 bucks, signing a two year contract as well. I'm been pondering on which phone to get and finally, i managed to make up my mind on it. I had to choose between Nokia N81 and Nokia N81 8gb. Comparing the two, either a fool or a 'in need of space' person would buy the latter. The difference between the two phone, a whopping $300++ and 6gb space. So would you pay $300++ for 6gb worth of memory? If yes, please let me know, so i can term you a fool, unless you are able to come up with a very good reason to rebuke my pathetic thinking?

My Nokia N81

I couldn't believed i switched back to be a Nokia mobile phone user after falling in love for years with Sony Ericsson mobile phone. Still not quite used to my new mobile phone, but certain, the functions and stuff has assured me i've made the right choice. Not only that, but the thought that i'll be having the same phone with Dearie just makes me excited..

Finally caught 'Hitman' on screen on Friday with Gavian, Mun and Don. It's been a long time since i last saw them. Exams's the only thing that has distanced us but not anymore, cos they are having their holidays now. Anticipation has got the better of me for this movie. I've been waiting for months for its release and time and time again, it disappoint me with its delay in its release date.

A very nice movie and nice plot. Parts were extracted from the game itself. Being a fan of this game series, i'm totally amazed by how they are able to convert part of the game into the movie lifeline. However, the female lead certainly spoils everything. There wasn't even a single girl in the game, perhaps those civilians i would say. Overall, not that bad for a game-converted-movie.


Hitman The Movie

Agent 47 (Timothy Olyphant) has been educated to become a professional assassin for hire, whose most powerful weapons are his nerve and a resolute pride in his work. 47 is both the last two digits of the barcode tattooed on the nape of his neck, and his only name. The hunter becomes the hunted when 47 gets caught up in a political takeover. Both Interpol and the Russian military chase the Hitman across Eastern Europe as he tries to find out who set him up and why they're trying to take him out of the game. But the greatest threat to 47's survival may be the stirrings of his conscience and the unfamiliar emotions aroused in him by a beautiful, damaged girl...

Went to SITEX with Don on Saturday. And oh gosh, the crowd was expected but still, i wass shocked at it. I literally had to squeeze throgh every human being there. Lots of new and cool gadgets. Hoping to catch some good deal but i failed. Thinking that it's only one hall, it wouldn't take long to complete a round of it. But i was so wrong. Time didn't allowed me to fully cover the whole hall. Bought a AntiVirus program - PCcilin and almost bought a compact photo printer but i didn't because of the long queue.

Past 2 marathons i've attended warn me of the dire consequences of not having enough sleep just before each marathon, yet yesterday night was much worse. I slept only 2 hours at Jon's house, before we could actually rush to take a cab down to hope onto the shuttle bus to bring us to the venue.

It's my first ever 21km marathon. My target 2 hours and 30 mins, and hopefully, aiming not to walk as well. Well, the first few km was smooth and steady. I jogged with Gavian all the way until 8km whereby i lost him. By then, he was already far behind me. I'm glad that i've finally broke my personal best by continously jogging without stopping. Previous record was 7km continously. As i run towards the 12km mark, i began to feel that pain on my knee. It's something i've never experienced so obvious and strong before and i kept wondering if it's normal. But time and time again, you get to see other runners stretching themselves and stuff, i i just beared with the pain and carried on.

At 18km, the pain was really unbearable. I stopped and walked. While walking, guilt and disappointment filled my mind and heart, then was when i tried pushing myself to run again. By then, i can literally feel the pain and really feel as though my feet wasn't on the ground, it's near numb. As i knew, the moment i started walking, i would have this mindset set to walk whenever i think i want or need to. It was so tempted. Time and time again, i pushed myself. It's already 2 and a half hr and i'm just one km plus away from the finishing line i presume. And so, i really push myself and force the little amount of energy left in my body, bite on the pain and run. I realised i was motivated, knowing that finishing line was near. I was running the faster than before, and eventually sprinting myself across the finishing line - the time marks 2 hours and 39 mins. Although i failed to meet my target, but i'm already very satisfied and proud. I collected the finisher medal with a sense of achievement. I can't believed it myself that i actually completed the marathon, and even broke my personal best by running continously 18km without stopping.

The pain was strong. It was near unbearable. Even as i'm typing away now, but come to think of it, it's good training for me. And seeing those results of those winners, i'm really amazed of what human body can do. They are really very very good runners. They run as though there's no tomorrow, not only that but also that they ran as though they weren't even breathless. Gosh....

The Proud Finishers or 21.1km Marathon

My Running Buddy for 8km!

Guys Rules here...

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Life's An Endless Journey. Design by WPThemes Expert

Blogger Templates and RegistryBooster.