Thursday, September 07, 2006

I finally found back myself. It's only back at home that i feel that i'm i myself. Here i am, in wee hour of the night, happily typing away in this once so personal computer of mine.

I've said bye to Tekong, been through 7 weeks of crap / rubbish / torture. Life certainly has changed abit ever since i got enlisted. Recruit is no longer in my dictionary. Now i shall introduce myself - Private Low. From the day i cut my hair botak til today, happenings are everywhere and every now and then. Army life in tekong is certainly not good but it isn't as bad i thought it would turned out to be. I'm excused from lots of stuff. I'm excused Sunlight (which means marching or any outdoor training under the torturous sun, i'm excused), excused field camp, excused route march, excused swimming, excused live range and excused grenade throw. Basically what i do there is listen to crap, eat and sleep. It's like a chalet to me, a restricted chalet. The conception of most people is that boy who enter BMTC (Basic Military training Centre) will come out as a true man who has grown independent and tougher. That's only very true to a very small extent. What's being taught is actually considered useless.

I've spend more money on NS so far than i received from them. They always talk about letting us have a good and memorable experience in BMTC. Sure, i did have memorable experience in BMTC but most for the wrong reasons. I'm so 'lucky' to kena guard duty. That guard duty was a memorable one. It was real creepy to patrol around the 'haunted' island. Dim lights didn't helped much to lessen my fear. It's really scary and that guard duty experience really freaked and shagged me out. Another bad experience is confinement. I was yet again 'luckily' confined. Confined just because i left my rifle alone with my physical body just 4 steps away for my rifle. All my intention was to put it on the floor so i could help my friend with the tent setting up, but was caught instead and sent for confinement instead. The feeling of not being able to spend ur weekend outside with ur loved ones and spent it in a place where u hated alot sux. However, i've made some great friends, met some interesting people and seen some ugly and stupid idiots. It's the 1st time i share the same bunk with 12 others guys, showered naked with 7 other guys at one time and also riot/crap/suffer together. Now that everything has some to an end, which means it's another beginning. Once i get my vocation next week, it's another beginning again.

It's one obstacle down. We overcome it, successfully. I must say, our relationship is much much better, stable. We had lotsa conflicts along the way but all those are settled, all for the better. I've known more of her and vice versa. We have also learned how to maintain our relationship well. Love is not everything yet it's something close to that everything. All i can say that it's powerful. It can make u feel jealous, happy, sad, angry...It can even make u a better person. It certainly has made me one and is still making. I've realised the shortcomings that i don't know in the past, i've also realised how i can treat a person better. I've learnt what is it like to maintain relationship with her, with my parents and others. I want to be a better boyfriend. She's certainly worth every mile i go. We've progressed steadily and well. Everything is going on well and our love right now sees a bright future ahead. Love her..

For the past 7 weeks, i've not been updating myself with the outside world and happenings. I almost forgot what is it like. Many things happen within this period of time. Jon had a new gf, Don's leg has recovered. I was sick twice during this period and is still sick. Dear's sick too. I want to take care of her. She needs me, i know that. I'll just hope she recover soon. Seeing her so sick make my heart aches. Get well soon Dear..

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Life's An Endless Journey. Design by WPThemes Expert

Blogger Templates and RegistryBooster.