Friday, December 12, 2008

Time of My Life - Standard Chartered Marathon & Zouk

Two main event i would like to highlight during this period of time. Thanks to these two events, i'm able to divert myself to them.

Firstly would be the Standard Chartered Marathon. It's my very first time running the marathon. It was no easy feat. However, i didn't complete it within my targeted time of 6 hours. I took 6 hours, 26 mins and 6 secs. A pity though because i thought i could have done better. Seriously, when running a marathon, as compared to me running a half marathon a year ago, it's so much of a difference. It's not about the speed and stamina, but it's more of my own endurance and psychological barrier.

My motivation was her. Yes, i told her this marathon was for her. She's the one who has been supporting me. That kept me on for quite a few kilometers until my leg finally gave in @ 15km. Subsequently, it's 'walk and jog and walk' for me all the way until i reached 34km, my leg couldn't listen anymore. I didn't know walking can be that painful. It was so painful that it kept in a speed of strolling. Eventually, i reached the last 100 metres and i tried for a sprint, knowing that i would get cramp if i were to do that. I ignored that fact and crossed the finishing line with a cramped right leg, drops of tears and thoughts of her.

Finally, i got my very first marathon medal and the finishers tee. I'm proud of myself. Next year, i'm going try even harder and break my own personal timing. This time round, it will be all by myself. I will handle everything from pre-marathon to post-marathon.


Finisher Tee-Shirt


My First Marathon Medal
Zouk (Mambo Night)
Finally, i'm stepping foot into Zouk with my friends again. It's been really long since i came to this place with them. At last, three of us's back together to enjoy soem MAMBO!!

Mambo again!


High, higher, highest

Death...
After so long, i realised my tolerance for alcohol has dropped as well. That goes the same for Don accordingly to he himself. We boldly ordered 2 jugs, getting 4 jugs back because of the 1 for 1 promo. I got myself in a near drunken state just after 3/4 jug. And by the time we hit the dance floor with drinks all consumed, i'm starting to see stars.
The feeling was high and of course nice. I just purely enjoyed the music and dance with it. By the time i downed another 2/5 jug of whisky dry, i almost hit KO. By 3am, i feel super bad and went outside to sleep while the guys still continue dancing. Heard from Don the moment i went out, nice music started coming in..DARN!
After mambo, we went to nearby coffeeshop to eat. Here's the funny part that got Gavian laughing and all of us finds it amusing. This shop sells roti prata but surprisingly, they don't sell kosong/plain prata but they only sell egg or onion prata. Ridicously, we order egg prata from them. $1.40 for one egg prata is a killer but nevertheless, something to fill the stomach full of alcohol.
By the time i reached home, i took a quick bathe and immediately KO on the bed. Though still feeling nauseous, but i felt happy. Because it's been a long time since i feel so happy, even though it's only for that few hours.

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Life's An Endless Journey. Design by WPThemes Expert

Blogger Templates and RegistryBooster.