Monday, February 11, 2008

Chinese New Year II

New Year Eve

Had guard duty on this fateful day. Missed the reunion lunch my camp organised but i'm glad i did anyway. Heard the food sucks and worse of all, imagine fighting over food with hundreds of people, i rather spend my peaceful day away in the guard room watching some VCD away.

I did managed to have reunion dinner with my family this year. I have to say, i'm lucky not to kenna guard duty on the later part of Chinese New Year eve. Sadly, again this year Dearie didn't eat with me. Hopefully my reunion dinner will include her as well....

Steamboat this year plus BBQ. I can't help but start to admit the fact that i'm getting sick and tired of steamboat. Every year, the's food the same - fishball, abalone, beancurd, fishcake etc etc..just that this year, we BBQ as well, so isn't that bad afterall.

Chinese New Year Day 1

Gong Xi Fa Cai! Day 1 is finally here. Chinese New Year is still one of my favourite holidays but it's no longer like how i look forward to when i was a kid, whereby Chinese New Year is like a super big occasion whereby i would be so happy the moment it comes...

Why is it the trend among every adults now. All my cousins, relatives and friends seem to think that the older they grow, the least interest they have for this holiday.

Anyway, had a great day. Went to Bai Nian @ Dearie house. Didn't stayed there for long. After that, we went back to my house before the real atmosphere actually begins @ my cousin's house. It's seem so weird seeing them because we seldom meet up. It has become more like a once in a year thing. Some of them changed alot, some still the same..One year isn't short, but it isn't long as well...

As usual, we won't miss out on outing on the first day of New Year. Movies is the only place we would go together and i don't know why, movie on that very day of the year is always memorable to be, perhaps because of the 'once in a year' company. 'Kung Fu Dunk' was the movie. Not that bad a movie but perhaps abit too much whereby some of the scenes went too unrealistic.

Chinese New Year Day 2

Woke up from a short sleep and there i went, first time visiting Dearie's side. Missed it last year because of the damn guard duty. I've look forward to this visit because Dear has been talking so much about her auntie's curry which make me can't wait to spoon it into my mouth. Not only that but because i'm enjoying her cousins company as well. No prizes from guessing why because my dear like being with her cousin so much that even a blind can see it..

Day 2 was the day whereby i've enjoyed myself totally, because i finally gambled. It's been a long time since i last shuffling poker cards and distributing it like some professional. I hasn't gambled for a long long time and when i finally managed to get my hands on it, it's winning all the way. Somehow when i'm winning, i just feel like playing and continuing. Whereas for Dear, it's just bad luck for her...It's not difficult to know why gambling is addictive. Once you win, you want to win more, once you lost, you want to win back what you've lost...Thankfully, i'm a guy who can afford to lose and also control...but somehow, i lost all my winnings by towards the end and @ the last game, i showhand all my winnings and lost. So it's a no loss or win for that day but fun instead...


Went for another movie which sucks big time - Ah Long Pte Ltd. I seriously have no idea why Jack Neo style couldn't change. His movies always have actors/actress singing and oh boy, they sucks in singing. It's very lame in how he tired to potray the image of loansharks in Singapore. I told myself, that's going to be the last time i'm going to PAY to watch this movies. It's so bad to me that i feel his movie ruin the acting skills or Fann Wong...oh gosh, only Mark Lee can act in such movies because i feel he's just as lame...

Chinese New Year Day 3

My cousin came. Ever since my cousin, Jia Qi met Dearie, she seem to like her very much. So much so that she asked her to teach her tuition and she just enjoy her company. It's cute to see how my cousin reacted when she sees my Dear. Haaa, Dear must be floating all over after hearing all the praises she had for her...

So my cousin made this special request for my Dear to come my house so that she could see her..Haa...but i suppose she knew she made a wrong choice, because in the end, she was bored and ended up going home...


I'm glad i didn't missed my dad's pig stomach soup this year. It's a must eat dish of the Chinese New Year from my house. It's so nice that each year Chinese New Year, i would look forward to it...

Celebrated Gavian's birthday on this very day as well...It's been a long time since we've last gathered. I suppose commitments like school, relationship, work and stuff really distanced us but then when we met up, the bond can still be felt.

We ended up @ Don's house for some gambling session. This time without Jon, thinking that we will end up not winning much because Jon's not there to 'give away money'. BlackJack @ first, i started off by being banker and i must say it's a good streak of wins after that. Took turns to be banker and not long after, i'm winning....it's been a long time since i last won...this Chinese New Year, i think i'm feeling lucky...seems like it's a must for me to buy the Chinese New Year Hong Bao TOTO! Mahjong is right after that and after a few rounds, with one round especially, i sweeped lots of chips into that container. Out of the sudden, Mahjong seems so easy to me. I ended up 20+ bucks richer only to spend it all on taxi that very fateful night.

Chinese New Year Day 4

Slept @ 7am and woke up @ 10++am. I was totally restless, but i just don't want to sleep. It's like such a waste to sleep your day off. Hardly can i find such time to do what i didn't have the chance to usually. I went to my cousin house for serious gaming session and it's 5 hours straight of gaming. I'm declared 'Empire Earth' hooked and pro now. I'm still looking to rope in my friends to join in the fun...

So far this four days has been fun and fruitful. I'm still looking to gambling over the next 10 days of Chinese New Year and of course, some more visiting to do, hopefully, collect more Hong Bao and eat more junk food....

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Life's An Endless Journey. Design by WPThemes Expert

Blogger Templates and RegistryBooster.