Monday, July 21, 2008

Weekend Fun

At last, i ORD. Two years of National Service has finally ended. At last, i'm seeing something pink - my IC. The feeling was great, especially when i saw my brother enlisting not long ago, it greatly reflect and dawned on me on how i have passed these two years. I'm entering into the next phase of life. I'm finally working. I can say i'm working towards my goals now. I won't say it's the best but it's certainly what i'm looking for, at the very least, for now.

Right now, i have one week of break, minus-ing off today, it's going to be only 6 days left. I'm going to do all the things i want to do - playing my guitars, learning my poker magic, packign up my room, training for the upcoming marathon and of course, spend time with my friends and loved ones...

My enjoyment starts the cery day i held my pink IC. Rented a car to go around with Dearie. She took half day leave and we went places. She discovered a great place to buy hair and facial products @ Chinatown. The stuff there are really cheap. They have almost everything, from shampoos to pads to masks etc...Especially for their pads, it's so dirt cheap that they limit the girls to purchase it only at a maximum number of 4 per brand. First time ever i saw such things.

I badly wanted a book shelf, so i headed to both Alexandra and Tampines IKEA but still, i didn't get any, because their delivery charge is too expensive @ $50. Being a not so frequent driver, so often find myself losing my way to my destination, what's worse is that if you are around the CBD area and that's when you will find your cashcard starting to drop it's value. I got lost at the CBD area the other day and i actually went through the same bloody ERP gantry twice within the span of few minutes. Total crap. Perhaps it would be a better idea for the brainless government to actually consider the fact that it's only human to err and that it only be logical not to charge any driver passing through the same gantry twice on their 2nd time if it falls within a stipulated time.

Sadly, both me and Dearie didn't get to travel to those places we wanted that very night but we did received our compensation the very next day. This time round, the gang joined us.

In the morning, we went Geylang to eat our favourite beancurd. Sadly, we couldn't find any after passing so many lorongs and we decided to settle for 和包记. We ordered quite a number of dishes and we wiped them all out within a few minutes because we were all extremely hungry by then.

The Star - Nissan Latio

和包记



I'm so thirsty that i had two cups of this soya milk

Wonton Noodles

Har Kau

Chee Cheong Fan

Siew Mai

Char Siew Bao

Yam Cake

Porridge

It's all wiped out within minutes..
We had already beforehand where we are going for our meals and the next stop for lunch was @ Tiong Bahru. Somehow, we couldn't find the food centre after its renovation so we settle for Bat Ku Teh @ this outlet which turns out to be very nice but expensive.

Their soup is simply superb

And it tastes especially nice with this youtiao



No asking why their Bat Ku Teh is so nice..
We headed to fetch the other two and soon, the whole car was filled with 6 people. It makes the back really cramped but we still find time to make ourselves look nice..wee!

We headed to Chomp Chomp after that and it's really some nice and fulfilling meal we had. Definitely satisfying for a food lover like me. Except for that lousy pizze though.

Black Carrot Cake..

White Carrot Cake..

Sambal KangKong
Sambal Sotong

One of my favourite for that night, StingRay

This Sugarcane Juice cost 3 bucks but it's definitely worth the money. It's jumbo! So jumbo that Jon had difficulty finishing it and Me and Don were laughing away...poor jon..

Oyster Omelette

Gavian ordered 16 bucks worth of Satay! It's my first time eating so many satay but it's really nice.


BBQ Chicken Wings.

The Boos of the night - lousy pizza

Went GIANT @ Tampines before we went to Geylang to satisfying the durian cravings for some of them. When we reached there, it's totally packed. It's super hard to find a parking lot, so much so that we have to squeeze through here and there to get a parking lot. Geylang suddenly become Durian paradise. I see durians stores more than i see prostitudes...and so, they start ordering their durians while i indulge in my coconut.

Durian Paradise..

The super huge D24 Durian.

There's this funny thing which Jon did. At the store, there's still 包吃 sign and Jon went to ask the uncle whether his durian was nice before wanting to buy. Uncle replied 当然好吃啦. Haa, we laugh when Gavian mentioned it. Would they even sell durian that's not nice? Haa, we made many jokes out of it and joked through the whole durian eating session. Funny indeed!

My Coconut..

We headed for our last meal of the day @ Changi Village. Finally i get to eat their Nasi Lemak again. Even @ 12 plus at night, there's still queue. This goes to show how famous and nice their Nasi Lemak is. Even with two stall side by side competing, they have a equal number of queues. I have personally tried both and i love it. It's something so special about their rice which makes me want to eat more!

The very night ended well because i finally get to see what's on top of the hill along rifle range road.

It's jamming time on Sunday. We finally get our hands on our guitars again and this time round, we compeleted two song almost perfectly. We decided the next time we jam again, we're going to record the two songs. We're also going to concentrate on playing our next song on Acoustic. We have never done it before and it's going to be quite highly anticipated.

Watched Dark Knight that very evening. I was so tired that i couldn't help but keep dozing off at the start of the movie. Thankfully, i was awake for the main action. It's a nice movie, certainly better than Spiderman 3. No wonder why it would break Spiderman 3 world record in the box office. But somehow, actions are lacking in this movie. I'm eagerly waiting for two movies to be out - The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor and Money Not Enough 2.

I finally ran again yesterday night. The basketball session was relaxing and fun too. I really love sports and i hope i can still enjoy it the way i used to. Right now, i want to concentrate on my marathon...

I dyed my hair at last! No more black hair...it's 2 years since i last see myself in coloured hair....

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Life's An Endless Journey. Design by WPThemes Expert

Blogger Templates and RegistryBooster.