Friday, July 11, 2008

8 more days to ORD

Tuesday lunch was fantastic. It was going to be my last lunch together with my bosses and superiors. The lunch was planned as a farewell meal for my superior, department head, who's going to ORD the very same day as me. Well, a nice man who has reached the age of 40++ and supposedly, got to leave the service. I got to know about what he's going to do after he left the service and found out that he's going to teach, as a Design and Technology teacher. That didn't really sound very prospective and i was rather shocked to hear this. I tried putting myself in his shoes and i was like oh gosh. He's going to take home salary much lower than what's he's getting now i assumed. But that's the disadvantage he would have expected awhile back. Just hope he would lead his life on just nice, because he's a really nice guy.

Anyway, back to lunch. It's on Tuesday, the only day i'll be in camp for the whole of the week. I'm left like half a day of working day after that day. Lunch is at Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel. Found out that it's actually a five-star hotel. Well, you couldn't expect that bad a lunch from such hotels isn't it. I was wrong big time. The variety isn't that much, except for the desserts. A widespread of cakes, kueh and ice creams! Yummy...oh ya, did i mention i ordered watermelon juice together with a group of people who didn't realised that it actually cost 11 bucks (excluding the taxes), and yet thinking that it's free. It's just a kind of strategy employed by the waitress there i suppose. Wahaa...Thank goodness i'm not the one footing the bill...

My exam preparation sucks big time. This term, the lecturers sucks big time. I had to go through so much just to even complete their assignment. I didn't spent much time studying for Wednesday paper because i felt as though i'm already when as a matter of fact i wasn't really. I briefly prepared myself and went for 'war'. Thankfully, it didn't turned out that badly.
(Thanks for your goodluck wishes and kiss, dearie)

I gave myself spare time to finally catch up with my guitar. I've finally improved on my pinky practice. I wanted to play fast paced solo so much but it's really difficult. I'm all out to practice my skills because i know given my playing experienced, i ought to be somewhere decent in playing guitar. Well, i would rather say i'm better @ Wahjong. That night, i played Wahjong for nearly an hour and i was winning like for consecutive 12 games. WOW! I was on so high that i badly wanted a real mahjong game. Anyone wanna play mahjong? Please jio me!!

I actually felt bad that i didn't sent my brother to tekong today. Well, he knew i wasn't because i stayed up late the other day and he too didn't want me to go. He thinks nothing out of it. To be frank, he's taking it very easily, far much easier than me near 2 years ago. Well, as much as i think he would handle this period pretty well, there's still some worries. Just wish all the best to him and hopefully he'll enjoy his stay there...

Went Dearie's auntie house today. She was nice to invite us over for some simple homefare but that's not the main thing. The main attraction was her daughter. She's simply too cute. 6 months old, super chubby and also active. Wow....Dearie can't stopped playing with her even after she complained that her hands are aching from carrying the 8.5kg baby. I thought to myself, how nice would it be to have my own daughter in future, i'll dote on her soooooo much.

Alright man, Dear's staying over tomorrow........come come come!


8 more days to ORD, at last!

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Life's An Endless Journey. Design by WPThemes Expert

Blogger Templates and RegistryBooster.