Sunday, March 29, 2009

Street Fighter Craze

Since young, i've always been a fan of Street Fighter. The very first version of street fighter was actually made and introduced to the game industry before i was even born. Then, it was on some platform which was already considered very cool.

We kids would count ourselves lucky to own a console of our own. For me, my luck game when i was in Primary School. I can't remember how old exactly i am then, but certainly, i followed Street Fighter long before i even own the console.

Arcade was my only access to this game and that place was my first time being exposed to this particular series. Never a fan of fighting games, naturally, i love street fighter more because of the characters featured in the game rather than the gameplay itself.

That was when i found my interest in Blanka. The ability of him able to use electricity makes him looks cool, at least he's cool to me. I love to use him then, in Street Fighter II because any player who come close to me definitely will try my electric shock before getting themselves BBQ-ed. Basically, i could beat anyone with my blanka.
But as series progress, i somehow lost touch with Street Fighter. Street Fighter III came a long time after Street Fighter II. But then, i'm already in my Sec School days...Blanka became not much of use. Ryu became my favourite, gradually. Then, although i have Playstation and not long after, a Playstation 2, the game didn't interest me much on these two platforms. I still can find the excitement in playing over at the arcade, challenging others, but of course, each time i do, i lose, for sure. I simply sucks at such fighting games.
Since young, i'm never exposed to other stuff of Street Fighter other than the game itself. Its comic series, figurines collection, cartoons etc was never my options. Either i couldn't afford it or i would think it's not worth the $$ to pursue the interest even though i like Street Fighter.

Street Fighter I when it was first borned.

Street Fighter II - I spent the most time in this particular series. All because as a kid, this is the only game that simply interests me and got me hooked, well, almost.
When Street Fighter III was introduced, i can be said to barely touch this series of Street Fighter. It's because i'm busy with other commitments. Plus the fact street fighter no longer interests me as much as before. I'm used to the characters, the game play and like what i've mentioned earlier, i sucks at fighting game, so why play.
At last, Street Fighter IV is here. After more than half a decade of disappearance, it made a comeback with a bang. Not only the graphics are much much better, featuring cool 3D animations plus 2D effects and game play, it also introduce a few new features of game play plus some other new players.
Cool shit. I'm amazed and Wowed by the graphics. I hands-on once and i fell in love with it. I have been trying to get hold of all Street Fighter animes and movies since then. I'm even assembling my old Sega Mega Drive to play the game once again, but unfortunately, the game play is so different. If you played Street Fighter IV, the rest of the Street Fighter series would be considered a boredom.
I sparred several times with Don over at the arcade. One sentence to describe us - we lost touch. We totally lost touch to how the moves should be done and made. We lost games after games. I was even so tempted to almost buy a new console but i didn't because it's considered expensive, even though it's just a matter of time before i get it.
I'm loving this game and i guess it's finally time a game made that much of an impact of me yet again, after Maplestory.
Blanka - My First 'Love'


My Current Favourite - Ryu


Sagat, one of the better players i can use comfortably in Street Fighter IV. Just the graphics alone make this game much more cool...

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Life's An Endless Journey. Design by WPThemes Expert

Blogger Templates and RegistryBooster.