Sunday, March 08, 2009

Friends & Best Friend

Speaking about best friend. Can one have more than just one best friend? Or there can never be more than one best friend because if he or she does, then those won't be called best friend. There can only be ONE BEST friend because he or she is simply the best out of all the friends you have.

When i'm young, i never knew understand what best friend is. To me then, best friend are just told who treats you well. And being young, you changes best friend like changing clothes. Subsequently, you realised how much friends matter to you and those who spent more time with you will ultimately be one of your good friends. I can still remember how i would rate my friends based on Gold, Silver and Bronze category. Starting from Gold of course and when you realised you reach the bronze category, there's not much left, because in my primary school days, there's no good friends or best friend..there's only friends who plays with you.

When i'm in Secondary school, perception changes. You realise the saying of 'a friend in need is a friend indeed'. You can really see those who who really treat you as a friend. I've made some amazing friends throughout my Secondary school days. That was where i made my first best friend and now, he's my best friend still - 11 years of friendship. I've made some wonderful friends but i realised that the amount of time you spend determine who's closer to you.

After awhile, you realised friends come and go. However, the more i proceed down to my path of life, i made more friends and of course, lost contact with some as well. I must say technology plays an important role in friendship, especially maintaining friendship. Without having to meet or talk on the phone, you can chat endlessly. There's is also every little chance of making new friends over the net, but then again, there are bound to be people abusing it, so much so that making friends over the network has became a 'prey on prey' issue. I've personally made few online friends before and i am glad till now, i'm still in contact with some.

However, as i grew older, i realised how important friends can be. My dad always say, "在家靠家人,在外靠朋友." I never forget what he said because even told it's a common saying, commonly spoken, it carries a heavy meaning in it. Right now, i've plenty of friends, some true to you whereas some, not so.

After that fateful event, i can't stopped telling myself how thankful i am to all my friends for being there for me. Just last week, i attended a lesson. My lecturer was asking everyone if they had a best friend. Afterwhich, he mentioned about his best friend and how close they were. It reflected upon me, because some of my friend mentioned they don't even had a best friend. Sometimes, it's never easy to build a friendship, not even to mention maintaining it. I've a few good friends which i treasured and i would want to see our friendship last. These are the friendship i've built over years and i'm sure i want to maintain is over decades.

Someone mentioned how she has a best friend, but there's a limit to how much she can shared with her friends. Towards my very own best friend, i realised how much i can depend on as well as share my life with. It feels good having a best friend. I always imagine the day when i get married, and he will be there, being my best friend, telling me how happy he is as well, sharing every single bit of my happiness. I will also never forgot how, when i'm all down and out, he's there to lend me his listening ear, giving me advices and opinions to ensure i see things through.

I do hope all my friendships will last forever....

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Life's An Endless Journey. Design by WPThemes Expert

Blogger Templates and RegistryBooster.