Monday, August 11, 2008

Weekend Fun

So much has happened over that one week. At last, i finally get to have my rest on Saturday after 12 days of work consecutively. Nevertheless, i learnt alot and of course, adapting pretty well. Apart from the fact that i have to learn everything the hard way, everything else is really pretty alright.

Three occasions in just one week. Firstly, let's mention my beloved mummy birthday. We delayed her celebration till future because of Bro's heavy schedule in Tekong. I supposed she's happy to see what we've brought for her. Each time this year, i would spend some time reflecting on what my mother has done for me so far up till now, not that i only wait till this time do i take some time out to think and appreciate what my mother has done for me, but because this special day is really special to me. It reminds me of the greatness of mother's love. For that, i'm glad to be her son. Sometimes, i really imagine what would have happened if she's not around *touchwood*, i supposed i would be very depressed that life would perhaps be of no meaning. I promise her a post celebration and i'm sure to hold my word...

Olympics. A world affair i would say. I can still remember how i forced myself to watch the opening ceremony. I missed the eventful part only to see myself staring at the tv, watching countries after countries being introduced into the stadium one by one. In the end, my eyes gave in. I dozed off and decided to give it a miss and have my beauty sleep.

I slept my way to the 3rd occasion of the week, National Day. If i'm still a primary school student, this holiday would have meant something to me. I could still remember how i, as a primary school student would get freebies from the school for this special holiday. Not only that but also because we get to be dismissed from school earlier. Watching the National Day Parade is yet another enjoyment. But not until in recent years where they took it too seriously. Imagine a parade that hold so much rehearsals and even allowed people to watch the rehearsals then after that the main event came along and it doesn't really hold much surprises anymore. So to me, that day is basically a day for me to enjoy my holiday.

Wanted to celebrate Mum's birthday on this very day but at the very last minute, we cancelled because mum decided that everything is too rush as my brother has to book in that very night. Instead, i went for a movie together with Dearie. Money not enough 2. Not as nice as the first part i thought, but definitely much more touching than the first. Dear was weeping and wiping her tears away with my t-shirt. Aww....this movie managed to do what i've been trying to do for the past 2 years! ARGH!

After the movie, it's some great mahjong session over at Don's house. Busy Jon managed to squeeze out some time. Intended to play 4 rounds but instead, we could only managed to complete near 2 rounds with near 9 hours of mahjong playing. It's my first time playing Mahjong for sooo long. Though i lost abit, it's quite an experience because it's the first time Dearie is playing as well. Everyone did managed to win and also lose so i supposed it's quite a fair match. To all of our surprise, and it's really a surprise, Jon turned out to be the big winner. He's the only winner that very day. We could no longer crack that classic joke he created one year plus back...

On Sunday, Dearie and i basically just lazed around for the whole day. We planned for our future holidays (almost), we whipped up some nice food as well (thanks to mum and dad) - macaroni soup. It's very tasty, so delicious that me and Dearie decided to cook the exact same dish again this coming weekend. Me and Dearie has been catching up with some of the Olympics action recently as well. Sadly, my old donkey set top could cough up with 3-digit channels. I'm frustrated. It's my first time being so enthusiatic with these Olympics action. I've enquired about the set top today and hopefully, they will respond to it real soon.

Singapore lost their swimming medals hope. Singapore shooter's out as well. I assumed that it's going to be a medal-less Olympics for Singapore again. Not that i look down of them but because they gave me nothing to hope. I shan't continue with this debate like how i had done it with Dearie. Trust me, they will return to Singapore with nothing more than experiences.

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Life's An Endless Journey. Design by WPThemes Expert

Blogger Templates and RegistryBooster.