Monday, August 24, 2009

Luck

When a person gets really unlucky, he or she can really be on the down side of his life. Luck is a myterious thing. Sometimes, defined as superstitious as well. I do not really believe in pure luck, but i believe luck does play a part in our everyday lives, sometimes, a major role even.

I count myself lucky on the whole. Lucky for the fact that i have such wonderful parents, lucky to have a brother as my growing up companion, lucky to fall in love once and learnt a huge lesson from it, lucky to been through minor hardship and overcoming them, lucky to have friends who i can share my life with, lucky to even have live this long and far.

Luck is a silent companion, sometimes bringing new surprises, sometimes bringing you a chance to meet your new interest in life or even a small windfall. Most of the time, you probably never pay any attention to luck. In fact, chances are, you only think of luck when you are betting on some lottery or soccer match or participating in some contest.

But luck is so much more than just that. Being lucky is a blessing. I always relate luck to superstition. But when bad luck befalls on me, i most of the time, choose to blame on luck. Simple question will always be asked 'Why me?' And most of the time, i am never able to get any answer out of it.

I had a fairly good example. I've never won any mahjong game since start of this year, until June. It's only recently that i started winning. Lady luck wasn't with me, be it what colour of underwear i wore. I always asked myself why did i lose so much, but never had an answer. Sometimes, then you had bad luck falling on you, it's a streak and there's no escaping. I was just sick yesterday, beginning with a flu, subsequently, i felt restless. The fact that my computer went haywire and a stupid simple mistake caused me to lose all my data in my external hard disk - my photos, my movies, my music....all gone. Brinigng a headache and an itchy nose to work didn't help to start the week positively. A cut on my thumb just make everything else worse and i ponder, why the hell am i so unlucky. Naturally, things's turn better, and relief comes after.

I always feel it works that way. You need to experience the hard and difficult before you can taste the sweetness. I can just simply conclude that i rather been contented with what i have, rather than harping on what i've lost. Because in the end, there's nothing really to lose.

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Life's An Endless Journey. Design by WPThemes Expert

Blogger Templates and RegistryBooster.