Sunday, August 26, 2007

My First Marathon

Safra marathon participant dies at end of 21km run.
(
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/cna/20070826/tap-safra-marathon-participant-dies-at-e-231650b.html)
A very unfortunate incident. Well, i was shocked upon knowing this news. It did came unexpectedly. I mean, it's common that some participants will over-exert themselves and some incidents happened. Sad thing is that he's only 25 years old. Sad...

My very first marathon. Quite a good experience. It's the first time i'm running such a long distance - 12km. I never thought it to be so long. Wel, i did walked on several occasions but i tried pushing myself. Jogging very slowly is better than walking. Throughout the whole run, i was jogging at a slow but constant speed. I failed to meet my targetted time of 1 hour 20 mins. I was nearly 10 mins late.

After the run, i really felt as if i'm dying. I just felt uncomfortable. I thought eating some food would helps. Well, it did help a little but it's the leg's turn to do the torturing. I can literally feel the pain on my thighs. By evening time, the pain extended to the knee. Thanks to the massaging of Mrs Dear and the machine, i'm able to feel my leg...I'm looking forward to the next run...

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Life's An Endless Journey. Design by WPThemes Expert

Blogger Templates and RegistryBooster.