Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Carrying Girlfriend's Handbag - Gentleman or Gay?

It caused such a huge uproar not long ago when some Stomper (apparently, too free to mind his/her own business) stomped into STOMP with pieces of evidences of a guy carrying his girlfriend's handbag,



Comments from Netizens soon followed, most of which were supportive of the perception of this Stomper. Whether these comments comes from a girl or guy, to me, it doesn't make much of a difference. It's these comments that make me feel, pathetic.

I grew up feeling loved. Loved for the fact that my mum carried my school bag to school for me, whether it is fetching me home or fetching me to school. This gesture, to me, is love. The love that parent gave to the child, for not needing to carry this physical burden.

Likewise, I grew up with this mentality - when I do grow up, it will be my rightful duty to carry my mother's handbag when she's older, and when what used to be her role, is switched to my duty now. Even if it's for a moment of seconds where she just needed someone to carry her bag for her, I'll gladly do so.

I brought this perception along with me as I enter into my relationship. To me, it's only right to carry your girlfriend's handbag, or rather, it's only right to ask if she needs you to help her with her handbag. It's a GENTLEMAN to do so in fact. To me, it's listed under one of the many etiquette to do. I never knew it could be such a big deal for showing love in the most gentlemanly manner.

Imagine this, guys like us don't usually carry a bag when we are out, and so, whenever we brought along with us for that date (such as water bottle, cardigen etc) are all thrown into HER handbag. And so, there you go, walk as freely as you can while she has one of her hands holding that useless hand of yours and the other hand tussling with the physical burden of that handbag.

I can't imagine how guys could abandon the thought of even helping your girlfriend with her handbag when it's utterly heavy just because of your seemingly ego and pride. To me, not helping your girlfriend with that is ever a bigger deal (a disgraceful one).

For once, I hope I could see more Gentlemen on the streets rather than pitiful girls with red marks on their shoulders (as if carrying your future child isn't bad enough). As for me, I stand by my belief that being a gentleman to your girlfriend is far more important than the intangible pride and ego that cost almost nothing.

Be a Gentleman

PS: I'm a proud handbag carrier!


0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Life's An Endless Journey. Design by WPThemes Expert

Blogger Templates and RegistryBooster.