Sunday, May 20, 2012

Selfish or Selfless. Think Again.

Many times, we seek convenience in our daily lives so much so that we seek it at the expense of others, directly or indirectly. Quality of life has caused us to take many things for granted. Things such as not needing to climb the stairs to your house because there’s always a lift serving you to your heart-warming home, or even a sheltered bus stop to shelter you from hot burning sun rays or hard splashing rain pour.

Learnt from a lesson as simple as the recent accident which caused innocent lives, it is totally uncalled for. This should never have happened if people were more considerate. Imagine how your patience could come a long way. Surely few seconds doesn’t kill. Dashing the red light and causing innocent lives, how will that go with you for the rest of your life if you are still alive? Luckily and deservingly in a way, he paid a price which I’m glad he did anyway.

There, you don’t only take away the lives of the innocent people but also the loved ones that is involved. Imagine how the family can survive long term with the sole breadwinner gone just like that. It’s a harsh reality that’s definitely hard to take. Even an outside like me finds it hard to swallow. All I felt deep in my heart is unbearable pity and heart-wrenching emotions.


Sometimes, I wish we could be more humane to spare a thought for others. I had my personal frustration too. A smoker happily smoking in the lift while I’m inside too, can you imagine the amount of 2nd hand smoke I inhale in that enclosed area? At times, I just feel like confronting that person, but then again, many times, by the time I realized it, that idiot has already left the lift while I’m happily stuck in there inhaling what I shouldn’t have. Will it kill you to either finish your cigarette before you take the lift, or smoke only after you exit the lift? I’m definitely not against smokers like how some people curse “Smokers Die Young!” but I’m definitely a “Inconsiderate Smokers Die Young’ person.


Show more patience, show more consideration, spare more thoughts and perhaps, this world can be a better place for everyone to live in. Isn’t it?


0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Life's An Endless Journey. Design by WPThemes Expert

Blogger Templates and RegistryBooster.