Sunday, May 20, 2012

Diminishing Single-hood

Love. Till now, this word remains a complicated one. Behind the façade of this four letter word, there lie tons of complications definitions behind it. This word carries some of the most painful emotions on earth, yet at the same time, it unleashes some of the greatest moments of one’s life.


I’m one foot into ‘marriage’, unofficially, although I passed my ‘fairy tale’ dream of getting hitched at the tender age of 24. In just a few mere few years time, I will not be able to enjoy the freedom of Single-hood, along with other ‘perks’ that Single-hood brings.

Nobody will fully understand the importance of this Single-hood until they are totally exempted from it. I guess that’s the irony of life. When you are single, you wish you were attached. When you are attached, you hope you are single. There is no best of both worlds in this harsh reality.

 I’m still very much a single person even though I’m attached. I guess the day I considered myself NOT SINGLE (how scary!) will be the day I wore that wedding band and say my wedding vows meaningfully.

With our very own beloved abode bought and we very much know what’s next. For me, it contains a larger responsibility to ask for her precious hand, because this would mean a lot to not just the two of us, but those who loved us and we love. Our topic nowadays revolves around the milestones that are so near yet so far.

We realized and learnt a lot about what’s in store for us, still, at the back of our mind, we have, there’s definitely more that we are unaware off. The thing about marriage is, it’s not that simple as we used to think it is. It involves a lot, and a lot more if you are someone who wants to make it even more memorable and enjoyable.

Marriage talks and seminars opened out mind, widen our perspective and definitely aid in some of the planning. I long forgo the want to lavish the whole process but I still acknowledge the need to make this milestone worth the tag of ‘once in a lifetime’. They say marriage is a huge responsibility which acts as a test to a couple, and if that is the case, I would say getting married is a pre test, a pre-requisite that a couple has to pass before embarking on the lifelong journey together. And for this, I’m all prepared.

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Life's An Endless Journey. Design by WPThemes Expert

Blogger Templates and RegistryBooster.