Monday, April 30, 2012

Derby of all Derbies

As far as I can remember in my years of supporting the Devils, never once has Man Utd came so close to a record breaking title, yet so far because of the inconsistency as well as the presence of the next door neighbors.

To put it simply, it’s now or never. It harnesses even more truth when the match possibly proves to be a victorious one or a heart-wrenching one to either one. To be honest, this season has been a roller coaster ride for the Devil fans. Starting with the season slowly, and eventually being dumped behind by the Blues by mid season. The hard fought spirit gradually gave us a light of hope beginning of this year up until a point where we could literally feel the trophy. But now, it’s all to fight for. Blame it on the inconsistency if one must. I don’t remember feeling so disappointed so many times during my years of supporting them and I must say, they never fail to disappoint at times they most should not have.

For once, I can better understand the meaning of ‘comeback’. It’s never easy to sustain the momentum, especially with a squad full of good players vying for top spot. It wasn’t until beginning of this year where the tables were turned around. The introduction of Paul Scholes was a pure shocker. Nobody expectted him to play, and definitely not me of course. Just when the midfield crisis is starting to deepen, Scholes seems to be the angel amongst the darkness. However, I dare not harbor hopes, because it all seemed too far, then. Anything that happens after that is a fairytale. Wins after wins in games he played, Rooney formed a near perfect partnership with a rising Danny Welback and from there, we see how Man City feels threaten for the first time this season and since then, things were going our way. I That’s the thing about this beautiful game. Nobody can say it’s over until the final whistle is blown.

Nobody can said who’s going to have the title until the title has been won literally and in 12 hours time, I’m about to watch one of the greatest derby of my life, dubbed the Derby of all Derbies! I have such huge faith in them and I could feel what it is like being in the shoes of the players themselves. Having said that, all I wish is, come 5am tomorrow, I’ll be having one of the sweetest dreams of my life.

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Life's An Endless Journey. Design by WPThemes Expert

Blogger Templates and RegistryBooster.