Tuesday, January 25, 2011

안녕하세요, 대한민국

My virgin time in the land of idols, where hunks and babes were simply over-rated. Girl's Generation (they're still awesome, ok), Rain, Super Junior blah blah blah, the list goes on. I still thought at the very least, the babes there would distract my vision a little. Turned out, none of which are what I thought. Not that disappointing because afterall, I have to keep my eyes on 34 passengers. Not the biggest group, but definitely the worst.

Due to the peak season, itinerary were changed and off we set to Mount Seorak. I expected snow to touch ground and temperature to be harsh, ultimately, only the latter came true. Temperature was hovering between -3 to -8 degree celcius.


Although it's something special, I never like Ryokan style (Japanese Style/Korean Style) rooms. It's like I'm trapped in a huge box and I'm given a few mattress to configure around with. That makes two nights out of the six an rather eerie and uncomfortable one.

However, the disappointment left as soon as it arrives. On the 3rd day of the tour, snow greeted us where temperature plunge into the lowest I've encountered, -18 degree celcius. Contradicting enough, I remained resistant enough not to use any of the heatpacks, however, I neglected my ears so much so that I couldn't feel it anymore. I almost thought it's dropping out.

I decided skiing is not my kind of thing ever since I fell countless time back in March last year when I visited Club Med for the first time in Hokkaido, Japan. Funny to see how first-timers would walk like a turtle/crab in their ski suits.

Babes and hunks remains nowhere to be seen (I still refuse to believe my eyes), all that was around me are single eyelid-ders who really look like they're from China. Apart from the people, I really got sick and tired of seeing Kimchi for each and every single meal. Plus the numerous side dishes, I must I'm pretty impressed with what Korean cuisine has to offer. Of them all, the BBQ meat as well as the Ginseng Chicken with Abalone stole my heart totally.

Food aside, the scenary that places like Jeju has to offer, it's totally awesome. It's a pity I didn't managed to get on to any rides @ Lotte World or Everland, even though, I badly want to get myself into that thrilling gigantic roller coaster @ Everland. Enough of regrets. One thing I'm glad I did was the NANTA Cookin' Show. I missed it the other time, and was full of regrets. Thankfully, this time round, I managed to catch it in Korea with much enthusiasiam, delight and excitement. The whole near two hour show was nothing but comedy and laughter.


Finally, I hit Seoul, the long awaited capital of Korea where babes and hunks are supposed to exist. Yes, indeed they filled the malls and streets but I reckon most of them went under the knife and are probably plastic. Back @ the shopping areas, I got my hands full of bags as I desperately fight against time to grabs any possible loots I can find, from posters to metal chopsticks to food. Awesome!

In short, I've climbed mountains, seen snow, tasted the best orange in Korea (suposedly), seen Liger and wild mammals in a different way, experienced the coldness and loneliness, the plastic people and of course the ugly side of the travel industry in Korea. So people please, if you are travelling as a group tour to Korea and being introduced to Ginseng, and whatnots, chances are, you will be 'chopped' and have a crazy hole dug from your pockets. Imagine me earning a bountiful $1.5k just from this trip. It's a hideous scheme behind the beautiful pictures alongside.

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Life's An Endless Journey. Design by WPThemes Expert

Blogger Templates and RegistryBooster.