Thursday, January 27, 2011

Awakening

Like many said, 不见棺材,不掉泪. How true can this be. I never thought it could be that serious when my headaches came knocking on, at an occasional frequencies. Usually, those headaches goes away within hours, and if it gets a little unbearable, Panadol will come to the rescue.

Apparantly, the issue aren't that simple. High Blood Pressure finally came looking for me. As genetical as it could be, it can actually be prevented. My one year absence from exercise could literally did such damage to me, and to think I'm laughing off with that recent weight gain. Definitely, it's not good news to me, not to my parents and not to the girl too.

Now, I have to watch my diet, my sleeping hours, my stress level and so many more. I have to admit, I haven't been taking the utmost care to and for myself, and should I fail to do so from now, it could possibly been so irresponsible of me.

I foresee lots of sacrifices ahead such as taking precious time off to exercise when I can actually use it to do my happy stuff, not eating my favourite hawker fare. I look forward to impose strict lifestyle for my ownself from now on and of course, the support from everyone is needed. Encourage if you can, scold if you must.

I went a little search to find out how putting on weight, even by a few kilograms can be disastrous, especially when you are not exercising. Now we should really see how exercising play such an essential and important role in our healthy lifestyle. In short, to live longer, exercise.

I briefly read through the biological benefits of exercising:-
  • Strengthen your heart and cardiovascular system.
  • Improve your circulation and help your body use oxygen better.
  • Improve heart failure symptoms.
  • Increase energy levels so you can do more activities without becoming tired or short of breath.
  • Increase endurance.
  • Improve muscle tone and strength.
  • Improve balance and joint flexibility.
  • Strengthen bones.
  • Help reduce body fat and help you reach a healthy weight.
  • Help reduce stress, tension, anxiety, and depression.
  • Boost self-image and self-esteem.
  • Improve sleep.
  • Make you feel more relaxed and rested.
  • Make you look fit and feel healthy.
With exercise as simple as doing household chores, climb stairs, jogging, swimming can all help, basically, we need to be active per say. Diet is another killer. Sodium (salt) and fats all attribute to that and it shall serve as a reminder for me from now on.

Sad to say, I've waited for it to happen before I take a turn, but I shall hang in there and move on before it gets worse. It's going to be difficult, but I'm going to try it, for it could be now or never.

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Life's An Endless Journey. Design by WPThemes Expert

Blogger Templates and RegistryBooster.