Friday, February 12, 2010

Learning...to not take things for granted

Not taking things for granted - how simple is that. It's not an art or science because it seems to built in human nature that has no explanation for it. At times, i detest human beings, for we have a heart so complicated to understand. Why do human beings take things for granted? Why don't we human beings be contented with what we have? Is it because we take things too hard? Or is it because we tend to think more than what we are supposed to?

The opposite of remembering is forgetting. I honestly feel that sometimes, we remember the unnecessary and neglect the important ones. Very often, we, myself included, are prone to forget the most basic blessings of what we have until they are jeopardized. For example, we tend to forget it’s a great blessing that we are healthy is until we are ill or injured, or we probably forget how fortunate we are to have a complete family, to have someone you love, loving you, to have friends that we only realize until we are on the verge of losing them. If we keep reminding ourselves constantly, will things be better? And what’s worse, there are even people who hates reminders because to them, it’s an insult, which makes everything else so much more difficult.

I was made painfully to be aware of the need to remember the blessing of what I already have and time and time again, I’m glad I went through that pain and experienced the lesson learnt. Reminder was not just a reminder purely to me but something I can cherish. I don’t want to move on in future and say words like ‘what if’ or ‘if only’.

The whole idea and importance is simply to cherish all of the good things that we normally take for granted. If one can walk without pain, be grateful. And even when I mentioned simply, seriously, how simple is it, because in this word simple, I see a lot of difficulties…

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Life's An Endless Journey. Design by WPThemes Expert

Blogger Templates and RegistryBooster.