Monday, January 04, 2010

Good Enough?

Everyone ponders that. It's a food for thought. I used to come to a stage whereby i ask this question to myself. Although i hardly ask myself that question anymore, but it's seriously something for us to think about at times. I'm not the only one who ponder over this question on whether are we good enough or not. It's difficult to define whether you are good enough or not. What seems to be good might just be the other way round for the other. This question need not be specific but can encompass everything, anything you can think of literally.

Definitely, there are many times when i feel that i'm not good for anything. Questions slowly float over your head, "Why am I the way i am now? "Who could have love me for who i am?". If i be frank to myself, sometimes, when that question came to my mind, i would gladly pull myself apart by going through every aspect and every part of me and saying what i hate about myself and getting more depressed, but i realised it's a wrong move, seriously. It's always easier to pinpoint at others, sometimes yourself but when you start to get pessimistic about life, you begin to lose that confidence. What's worse is we can fall into the trap of only listening to the negative things people have to say about us and not the positive ones. Yes, it can be difficult to not believe what are really just lies, especially when it comes from someone who's close or dear to you. One area the negativity can manifest itself is through our own pessimism. Therefore, it's sometimes hard not to be deceived.

No one is alone seriously. Because most of all are human, we feel almost the same. We have our down side, we have our good moments. All it takes sometimes it to just grab hold and pull yourself out of the self loathing. If we all walked around with a sign asking for what we most wanted in our lives the sign would say 'love me'. It's an ideal self image that one is trying to build. It's like this scenario of 'Love me the way I am. I know I am so imperfect but I do try.'

The thing is that obviously we don't carry that very sign but instead, we carry an invisible one. We all need love, be it when and from who. But you can't receive love until you learn to love yourself.

Do you?

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Life's An Endless Journey. Design by WPThemes Expert

Blogger Templates and RegistryBooster.