Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Living Life to the Fullest

Bank account balance dropping fast - school fees, transportation, entertainment, food and even wedding dinner.

I've got an wedding dinner invitation to Intercontinental this Sat. HongBao of course must be big. Gosh, such a posh ballroom, and i suppose the wedding is really grand. Kind of look forward, not only to the food but also to see the blissful face of my colleague.

Speaking of her, it's tough on her. The way both of us enter into this company and worked our way till today. Almost 2 months, we are considered senior to all the newly arrived interns. I'm covering for 2 more person who's away from work because of leave, now, i'm doing 3 persons work. Even got scolding for mistakes other do. I was telling Dear how unaffected i am because it's not my pure mistake afterall. Politics didn't affect me as well because i chose not to be in it. I take what comes in my path and if i can't cope, so be it. I was telling Dear how we shouldn't let work stress us, it should be how we see it and make the most out of what we have, in this way, we'll enjoy our job, i'm loving my job to a certain extent...It's tiring, yes, plus the fact that i've evening classes, but i love the way it is right now, balanced of life and occupied with the necessaries....

I was telling Don how boring work can be. Imagine those who work and go home, sleep then the next day, back to work again .This routinely life can kill or bore one to death. When i'm in Japan, i saw with my own eyes how workaholic Japanese can be. I was even told by the tour guide that each day, there's people in Japan killing themselves or become mentally ill just because they were too stressed from work. I seriously cannot imagine what's the point of working so hard..If working hard means contributing alot of the economy? Let's look at European countries. Switzerland go on a 4 1/2 day work week. Sweden's even better, 3 day week. England and Germany on 4 day work week. Singapore is considered 5 to 5 1/2 work week, yet there's still people working OT everyday and even working full 7 days a week. Where's the life?

I realise the importance of spending time for myself, my beloved, my family and friends as well. If not, it's never fair...work is never ending, but life is...

I couldn't ask for more...i'm contented, especially when it's just minutes away from our special digit - 28. Happy Day Dearie....Thanks for everything

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Life's An Endless Journey. Design by WPThemes Expert

Blogger Templates and RegistryBooster.