Monday, October 17, 2011

Westlife Gravity Tour

I never believe in POP concerts, since the younger days where Mandarin Pop ruled Singapore briefly before this little city was invaded by international POP with the likes of Britney Spears who took the world by storm. Gradually, we saw the upcoming and rise to stardom of pop boybands such as N Sync, Backstreet Boys and Westlife. We saw how they captured the hearts of the crazy teenage girls and even the teenage boys went crazy and followed them through physical appearance such as hairdo.

I vaguely remembered being part of that craze by purchasing their albums, and memorizing every single song from their albums. No doubt, they were around our ears for a good one decade. And gradually, they silently left us. N Sync were totally gone by the time I passed my teen old days, Backstreet Boys made several appearance thereafter and only Westlife stood still yet silently. They were the ONLY pop band that is still alive since my teenage days and I reckon there is every reason why they still stood far and famous.

Hailed from Ireland, with their deep Irish culture and vocals, they have captured and retained the hearts of us and the Gen Y, and possibly attract new bloods from the Gen Z (I called it). A decade plus of music from Westlife definitely left a deep impression for me. A tip of my fingers and there I go, able to sing some of their really nice and famous songs such as My Love, I Lay My Love On You, Fool Again..etc…It even became some of the flurry love songs which has deep and meaningful lyrics that really makes love feel, really out of the world. And so, because of the mentioned, I’ve decided to watch this very concert, because they are possibly the only pop boyband I’ll ever like in my life.

Needless to say, they did not disappoint. Never mind the embarrassment we had after the girl cutely makes a mistake on the seat number. The wait was rather significant but definitely worth it. A small bet we made before the curtain was skewed towards the girl’s bet. And there we go, watching 4 ever so familiar guys waving at us and started singing. It felt as though I’m back to my younger days. No doubt, it definitely made me feel young.

Love the way they make me feel. Apart from their classics, they went on to sing some songs from their latest album ‘Gravity’ which I’m damn proud and glad I’ve heard umpteen times of that album, especially when they sang ‘Safe’ and ‘I Will Reach You’. That’s not all, when they did covers such as ‘S&M’ from Rihanna and even ‘The Time’ from Black Eyed Peas, which is simply cool stuff. Love their vocals as it still sounds as dynamic yet soothing at the same time.

Nice encore they have to end their concert on the beautifully set stage which has stars sparkling and different visuals all around. Not only that, I’ll never forget how engaging they tried to made their fans and I can greatly feel how much they appreciate us fans. Blame it on them, that I’m their followers on twitter on top of being a loyal fan. And I’m proud to say that I’m a Westlife fan and always be one for as long as they continue to sing…till then….

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Life's An Endless Journey. Design by WPThemes Expert

Blogger Templates and RegistryBooster.