Thursday, October 27, 2011

Counting My Blessings

There comes a time where we tend to be too involved in our daily routines that we overlooked on the nitty gritties. It would be good if we could, once in a while, paused for a little while and look back, appreciate the moment and count our blessings.

I wouldn't say my life is a perfect one now, but at least I am contented with it, as I should be. I can honestly say that I have been blessed in life and been given a lot of love which I am more than grateful for. I'm glad for this chance to be grateful to those who form a part of my life.

Frankly speaking, while I realized I could feel envious over what others possess or achieve, I could at the same time be the envy of others. Having lived in where I am now, as compared to the rest of the world, just that alone, I'm thankful enough. Although I'm 'hit' with humid summer all year long, at least I do not have to bear with the fear of any natural disasters at all.

When I look around me, I see love from those who care. Friends come and goes, the worthwhile one stays. I'm glad for that. Through bad times, there are some who emerged true to the word 'friendship'. I take this chance to individually say thanks at this little corner of my personal blog, whether or not they know, or in time to come, it doesn't matter. It definitely feels good to know yet again now, I appreciate and I am contented with whatever I have and whoever I'm with. This post, could really be the best representation to what I feel towards the people I love, with bond so strong that I feel the need for the existence of this post. And there you go, the loves of my life.....

Mummy: As I affectionately call her, throughout my 26 years life (minus the first few years where I don't know how to mumble a single word YET), and I bet the first word I ever said would be 'Mama'. The strongest pillar of my life where no one could ever replace. She spent her childhood and teenage 'dreams' in poverty, yet giving away her youth to both her sons, which in turn affect her health at the later stage of her life. I can't help but feel an obligation to lighten her burden now as I'm all grown up. Let her enjoy a little of her life, yet restricting her to whatever she shouldn't. Her selfless effort in bringing her sons up will always be remembered and I ought to repay it through my filial piety now. I count my blessings that I have her by my side now and of course in time to come, and I'm thankful to her for being the best mother I can ever have.

Father: As a father figure, he needs to impose his stern and strict teachings. Although not very highly educated, he was the pillar in the entire family. We (the whole family) had a rather good life in our younger days where he, being the only sole breadwinner, was able to bring back more than just bread. He insisted my mother to be a full time homemaker, while he slogged his guts out. It was until my late teens that he started to dissolve his strict teachings, probably much due to the fact that both his sons has already grown up, allowing him to step down a little. By then, times became harder and life became simpler but nevertheless, we are just as happy a family. I am thankful to him for those painful canings that he gave throughout my younger days made me who I am today.

Brother: As the younger one, he grew up feeling much more loved. He's more lovable as compared to me. In comparison with analogy, he was the Ferrari while I'm just a Toyota. Being bright and clever, our roles switched at times where I would look up to him in the aspect of studies. I hold him proud of what he did and what he is capable of academically. We grew up being very close and I’m glad this tie has matured into a special kinship that we actually cared and loved each other in silence. Like they say, blood is thicker than water and the bond between us proved that strongest. I’m glad for a childhood companion, one who grew up with me relentlessly, through quarrels and plays up until now, one whom I will always look after, silently.

Girlfriend: 2nd woman in my life. My mum once told me, "your girlfriend is going to be your wife, whom in turn is going to replace me when I’m gone". Indeed, I feel the need for this special someone to fulfill this role and I found one whom I’ll never let go. She is the one who made me believe in love, once again. She is the one who made me feel a different type of love, one that I couldn’t find anywhere on anyone else but her. She is what I’m not, and in a way, she completes me. She loves me the way she does, all because she believes in telling me what I need to hear, and not telling me what I want to her. The way she love, reminds me of the relentless effort of my mother, where my shortcomings is purely a part of me and she has long accepted it. To me, I’m blessed. Blessed with someone whom I can trust and give me utmost to, for once, I am sure, my future is her.

Best Friend: My childhood playmate after my brother. I’m always puzzled how someone can claim that they have more than one best friend. Isn’t BEST a singular word? For me, this best friend brings out the best in me in a special way. We grew up together in a funniest way ever possible. I remember a simple quote that goes “a best friend shares good times and help you out by listening to you during bad times”. This person definitely made me feel that he’s there when practically those you need to be there isn’t. He tells me things I don’t want to tell myself. To me, he is like a sister that I never had, because I can practically poured anything to him. It would definitely be impossible for this special bond if not for all the things we loved – games, soccer, movies etc. This bond I have, is rare and precious for I know who will be there standing as my best man when I become the groom.

Xero4: Our friendship hails a long way through, so long, I can barely remember why the name ‘Xero4’. We shared countless woes and done the wackiest thing together. There was even a particular that times seem to fly because every weekend will be Xero4 week. We clubbed, chased movies like never before, played countless games of pool and PES etc. Common hobbies definitely keep bonds tied I must say. A Chinese saying goes ‘在家靠家人, 在外靠朋友’, there’s definitely nothing more than pure truth in that saying. We shared joy and woes we don’t normally share with our parents and definitely, we’ve grown from young boys to young adults and finally now, a grown up where our interests, hobbies and the things we did changes along as we grow as well, but one thing is for sure, the bond remains the same.

Mixed Rice: It’s funny how my closest of friends revolves around those from my Secondary School, probably, all I can say is, that school is where it impact my personal life the most. It’s a pity I missed the times where Mixed Rice was formed, but I’m glad it’s never too late to be a very part of them once again. I always thought just one close group of friends is good enough, but it’s not true until Mixed Rice came along. They were a whole lot of different fun. Comparably, I can say Xero4’s the Ferrari and Mixed Rice’s the Volkswagen Beetle. But within this group, there’s a huge variations of traits, from the fun-loving, to the crappy ones to the always sleeps around etc. I'm glad for this friendship going so strongly and expanding where the trust and bond we had with each other is tremendous.

This post couldn't be more timely as I've marked this post on my 26th Birthday where I shared some of my most inner feelings. Like I've shared, it’s not easy finding love, it’s even harder to maintain it. I’m glad for the kinship and friendships I have right now, and definitely it has been a very part of my 26 years. These important people add love to my life, and paint my life rainbow when it’s black and dull. I doubt I have the courage nor chance to say this personally to each and everyone of them, but whatever it is, these words from the bottom of my heart will and shall remains, something I held on so dearly now and I hope to bring them to my grave when I breathe my final breath.

With utmost love,
Your son, brother, soul-mate, friend.

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Life's An Endless Journey. Design by WPThemes Expert

Blogger Templates and RegistryBooster.