Thursday, April 22, 2010

Post Exam

Exams had finally ended dramatically I would say. I felt that I used lesser time, more effort to study more than what is expected of myself. Ultimately, the exam papers eventually caught everyone off guard, me included. I realized how as age catches up with me, my memory is really not as good as it used to be. You know jolly well of it when you looked at the exam question paper and feels glad you studied but do not know what to write, all because your memory fails you, at the time, you needs it the most. Nevertheless, I have already tried my best, so yea, I’ll just wait and see.

It’s freedom now, but it seems like I can’t feel anything. It’s going to be a 2 weeks of short break before the pathetic second NATAS fair hit Suntec City, when the girl will finish her exams (finally!!!) and fly to the city of colors (at least some thought so), where eating and shopping seems to be the only thing to do there. I dread the start of May seriously, just because NATAS has to come and spoils everything, well, as always.

After that, probably it’s the start to all the fun things I can think of – just like last year December – the travelling, cooking, eating, playing…BUT before that, let’s talk about the second concert I’ve been to – MayDay concert!

After I missed out on last year concert because of NATAS Fair (holy crap), I told myself the next time they hit Singapore, I’ll definitely be there. And thank god, it’s not even a year wait before my little wish came true and another reason to be even happier, it’s their first outdoor concert in Singapore. The relocation from The Padang to Singapore National Stadium initially was a worry but eventually, it wasn’t much of a concern.

Such nice timing with the concert, circle lines open its door at last. Nothing special about the circle line station, except the train is shorter, very much the same like the ones with purple line. But the architecture of the station was nice. We reached the stadium way early and yet, it’s already packed with crazy fanatics. Queue was long and we had to sweat and bear with boredom for around an hour plus before we were let into the stadium. Nearly ¾ of the stadium was used and the stage is set, huge stage with walkways extending out to the audiences.

Yet, it was another long wait before the concert officially starts. Lights off, curtains down and it was rock and roll all the way. Oceans of blue (light sticks) flooded the stadium as MayDay made their awesome entrance to the stage with cool costumes and dark glasses on!

The whole concept of the concert was nice, with the integration of the computer graphics, the lightings and of course, not forgetting the fireworks. Oh wait, and the super huge robot. A pity, I’m not familiar with much of what they sang but each and every single song they sang, I truly enjoyed it, with the company of wonderful friends. It’s like a contrast of excitement between my sides, one side super high, screaming till both my ears and the girl’s ears couldn’t take it, the other sid, silently indulging in the song. Funny how both me and Zhi Qin laughed at how we were almost halfway through the concert and barely heard of any familiar songs we knew of MayDay.
3/4 through the concert, we are already jumping on the floor to jumping on the chair and it was climatic. Their playing of guitar impressed me and really got everything started for me.

Eventually, the night ended with one song – a song that I’ve always wanted to hear it live. A little wish came true and I indulged the song with the girl before the concert officially ends. Awesome concert and there’s no wonder why I had my regrets last year.

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Life's An Endless Journey. Design by WPThemes Expert

Blogger Templates and RegistryBooster.