Monday, September 14, 2009

Hectic, Furlough, Reality

NATAS Fair was a killer. It took a heavy toil on me. It was successful and i thought all those bookings were manageable. But it never turned out to be so, much due to expected but unforeseen circumstances. Seems abit contradicting but it's really how things are now. Given all the hard work and stuff, to think that i was shocked by the figure produced today by our General Manager. For a relatively decent sized company like UOB Travel, from start of the year till now, the company only made 4k. YES, you didn't see wrongly, only $4000.00 bucks!

This piece of news alarmed me. Those news on how NATAS broke its record in travel sales, those news on how H1N1 and economic downturn aren't preventing people from travelling, those news on how Singaporeans are gaining the confidence to travel suddenly seems so inaccurate. The figure of profit made me feel how insignificant i am. It's a weird and uncertain feeling.

Post NATAS was of intense atmosphere. Staying up late at work became a routine. I miss my bed, i miss my mum's home cooked food, i miss lazing in front of my computer, i miss going out for a dinner and catch up with my friends.....but i haven't been able to do much of that lately.

Macau was spectacular. Hong Kong was amazing and yummy. Everything else was comforting and nice, a great escape from the pile-up of work and rantings of some.

But yet again, it's back to the battlefield and i really dread the life of 8.30am to 11pm work. I feel like an ox, on a never ending ready-to-be-harvested plot of land...can i just...give it up? But one thing to bad glad about i passed my exams, with another burden in mind....

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Life's An Endless Journey. Design by WPThemes Expert

Blogger Templates and RegistryBooster.