Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mothers Day

Actual Mother's Day celebration had to be postpone as poor little brother had to book in early for the day. However, i did a little on my part just to ensure my mother did enjoy this special day. Initial plans of whipping up a nice meal for her was cancelled. Mum is always mum. She couldn't bear to wake me up from my sweetest dream and went market without me. By the time i really woke up, the sun was shining bright.

I made it up for her by doing some errands on my own. Bought all her favourite food i can buy, plus a cake for her. She only love and only eat that cake - Bengawan Solo Pandan Coconut Cake. The actual celebration will be in a few weeks time, whereby i'll bring her together with my bro to movies. The last time i watched movies with my mother, is probably more than a decade ago. She's excited with it, plus a nice japanese meal, she will probably be the happiest mother on earth.

Seriously, everyday can be Mother's day. She yearns for me to be at home most of the time, but i seem to be always the opposite. I became so extrovert after being 'trained' by my dad. My mum always attribute my extroversion to my dad. My dad never likes staying at home. He can go out several times a day on days he doesn't have to work. Since young he never liked me and my brother staying at home, because he think that guys should be out there instead of cooping up like a girl at home. I used to be utterly homely, and especially introvert. But the nagging finally got into me and i became what my dad likes and what my mum dislikes.

On and off, i appreciate and regret the fact that i didn't spend enough time at home with mum. I tell myself to spend more time at home, and lesser time outside. So at least few times a week, i'll dine dinner at home, even though if i'm going out, i'll do it after dinner. At my age, it's probably an age whereby my mum shouldn't worry about me so much, neither do i want her to be. But mothers are always mothers, no matter how old you are, you're always a kid. In her eyes, i'm always her boy.

I'll never forget her smallest action which shown the greatest love, giving me the greatest impact of my life. She's a perfect mother in my eyes. The fact that i can grown to this age, i'm thankful to her. When i'm scared, only she's there. When i'm sad, only she's there. When i'm down, only she's there. When i'm sick, only she's there. When i'm happy, she's also there. Nothing i do is comparable to the love she gave and i appreciate that. On the other hand, i make sure that stupid brother of mine appreciate that as well because he never seem to understand and know who really brought him to this world, giving him the care and love he needs when growing up.

But in any case, Happy Mother's Day to mummy...

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Life's An Endless Journey. Design by WPThemes Expert

Blogger Templates and RegistryBooster.