Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Taking Granted

I'm pretty sure most of us had fallen in the trap of 'taking things or people for granted'. It's probably one of the worst thing that can ever happen to a human being, because for all we know, the consequences could prove disastrous.


I was once a victim of this trap. An incident that has nearly cost a hefty price tag. We often live in the world where love are easily obtained by those around us, from our parents, our significant other half, our friends etc. But little did we realize that it's hard maintaining a relationship/friendship/kinship and finding one.

It sometimes hit me how I could boss my mother around and she willingly does everything for me, all because she love me. It's a simple as that. My duty could too be as simple as showing her the amount of due respect and appreciating what she has done for me. Being the most important person of my entire life, I know that should I ever take her for granted, I'll definitely live with regrets. I've learnt to stow down a little and start to appreciate what she has done and in return, hoping to make her happy too.

All I'm trying to say here is, don't take someone you love for granted, be it someone as close as your mother or someone who's merely a friend. It takes two hands to clap. I've seen and personally encountered how fragile friendship can be once tested, but once a friendship can passed that, there hardly exist any boundaries at all.

Friendship takes efforts from both party. If it's just a one way traffic, it ain't going to work and at times, it's going to turn ugly. People always say sometimes, it's better to be late than never. I agree but one has to acknowledge that if you do it late, things will probably never be the same again.

Know who's staying the truest to you and give this person your all. Show your ugly self and you bound to get distance for sure....think about it..

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Life's An Endless Journey. Design by WPThemes Expert

Blogger Templates and RegistryBooster.