Sunday, March 28, 2010

Club Med Sahoro (Pre & Post Included)


My first time experiencing snow and i can still remember how i experience slight 'panicky' before the trip. Thanks to the girl who has been my constant reminder and companion in getting the what shoulds and what nots. Prior to the trip, we did some shopping. I'm proud of my latest big buy - Lumix FX 65. I finally owned a Lumix much thanks to the girl and i've got three words for it, i love it! The many different modes, the wide angle capability, the anti shake function plus the matt finished surface really makes it a much better camera as compared to my previous few LOUSY Olympus camera.

And so, with that camera, i had some nice moments captured first hand. My first visit to Waraku brought by the girl. Gives me another reason to eat pasta as she introduced me to this yummy Pasta with wafu sauce. I am right now, just waiting for my second visit to try other pasta! Followed by subsequent outings (Food Expo included) before i actually fly off to Nihon.



Back to this hot little island, i went back to my old ranting and grumbling of the weather. It's contradicting how i not only appreciate but also 'complain' about the cold when i am back in Japan, Club Med Sahoro. A FAM trip organised by Club Med and i was sent by my company to this trip, and yes, thankfully, everything paid for, except for the taxes.

Ultimately, the weather isn't as bad as i thought it would be.

The white falling snow, the huge patch of snow all around, makes the entire little place looks so unreal. As the sun shines on it, there came a glowing brightness that even my eyes couldn't take it. Being a ski resort, skiing or snowboarding seems to be the only thing to do over there. I never thought that it would be so difficult, especially after watching on television how those skiiers ski, as though they were floating around the snow field/mountain and flying all around. I lost count the number of times i fell but nevertheless, it was pure fun. Snow trek on the other hand was fun. The 2 hours of rolling/running/walking down the snow mountain was out of the world experience.

Food wise, i thought i'll be feasting on lots of Sushi and Sashimi but instead, it's different food everyday. Being an all inclusive resort, therefore, their different themes for food everyday seriously made guests spoilt for choices, plus their free flow of drinks, from juices to alcohol, it's really a feast for food lovers and maybe a indulgence for those who drinks.

Weather was cold and i could remember so clearly the coldest was on Sunday with wind blowing up to 50km/hr and temperature hitting -16 degree celcius. Nevertheless, all of that was a nice experience and it seriously made me wonder when will i experience such snowy winter again, depicting a romantic scene as well.
The surprise came just nice as the girl decided to be uber sweet and popped up at the airport admist her busy project with the submission deadline being the next day in fact. The fact the flight was delayed made it even more memorable. I've never been fetched from the airport and this first time totally made the homecoming a very loved one.

At last, we fulfilled our long awaited cravings for some nice Bat Kut Teh and singing in JB. I love the cheap food and stuff over in JB which makes me want to make it the place to satisfy my cravings. Their K-session was so cheap that i could sing until my throat went sore. With exams is just over 2 weeks later and mugging officially begins. Where it begins shall be where it continues and so, RP is still the place to mug in. I miss the moments last year when everyone was busy mugging as well which was so much fun. This time round, i got the girl to mug together earlier along with funshine - just something to makes everything else so interesting. Of course, out of all these busy-ness, we always find time to relax and play a little and the time back in Starbucks playing that riddles almost squeezed my brain dry but all was worth it.

On the side note, there's so many upcoming movies that i wanted to watch. I realised i'm watching lesser movies as compared to my hay-days. I shall 从出江湖 again and hit the theaters as soon as any nice movies are out.

Looking forward to the end of exams and NATAS (yet again) before i can officially relax a little and fulfil the 'one million to do' list.

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Life's An Endless Journey. Design by WPThemes Expert

Blogger Templates and RegistryBooster.