Thursday, June 11, 2009

Buy what you need, save what you don't.

I wanted to use the word 'stingy' but i think it's not that serious. Ever since my love more than half a year ago, i thought my finance will be better managed(afterall, r/s does requires money, from all the dating etc). Initial months after since seems to be alright, but as times pass, i find myself always almost broke. Apart from the monthly payment of my school fees, the amount of money i'm left can actually tide me sufficiently through the rest of the month. But i realised, i have no savings. YET, i'm spending all that i've earned, which is seriously bad and bad enough.

The appropriate word now should be FRUGAL. I need to be frugal. Not because so that i can see some digits in my bank account, but because it's high time i plan for my future, be it whether it's for my future marriage or not. My bank account hit dangerously low not too long ago, and it hit me so hard. I 'woke up' temporarily. I nearly spend more than i earn, which is ridicouslously pathetic. Saving up is basically for the rainy days. Be it whether you are saving for the future life, saving for emergency or saving to replace something in your life, it's relatively important but yet difficult to save.

BUT BUT BUT, i realised i have to. I told myself for one final time. I got to be frugal, if not, i'll regret in future. From now on, I'll cut down on the unnecessaries.

Seriously, many aren't understanding the real meaning of money. More often that not, we are 'giving away' unnecessary money. Take for example, now tell me, who really use Caller-ID on your mobile? I can give one whole list of some of the unnecessary money some people are 'giving away', with some including me myself.

- Laziness is the big offender here. I've got some example. For example, if you're at home and your house phone is far away from you whereas your mobile is just beside you, some would simply just dial the numbers on their mobile and happily make that chargeable call away.

- For convenience sake, credit card was born. But it's one of the world most evil invention. It sucked money blindly, mostly to the 'cannot control spending' and 'forgot to pay bills' people.

- Impatience is another factor. We rush into buying things, and regret at a later stage. Thankfully, shops like cash converter is always there but then again, it's one of the dumbest way to part your 'money' this way.

- Indulgence is another culprit. It cause the craves in you. Common perception: Dining in coffeeshop is hot, whereas dining in restaurant is cooler. But let's be serious, that few minutes of heat won't kill, in fact, it helps in digestion, i presume. Indulging is a bonus in life, not a routine, that's why it cost.

- Bring your own water bottle out. This is one of the worse fact. Every single outlet in town sell drinks 2-100XX times more expensive than the cost of it. Imagine quenching your thirst from your own water bottle for at least 1/3 of your day, should you are out for the whole day. It's a good advice here in fact. Imagine how much money you can save.

The only time i thought Singaporeans are best at when it comes to savings is in fact also not legally known - downloading. Buying DVDs, watching movie at the theaters, buying an album ALL cost alot more as compared to you turning on your internet connection and computer for hours to download what you wanted at one game. Abit time consuming but definitely cost saving.
I've learnt so much which i didn't know before, until it hit me hard a few days ago that i actually thought it through and through. So in the end, it's only down to a simple sentence - Buy what you need, save what you don't.

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Life's An Endless Journey. Design by WPThemes Expert

Blogger Templates and RegistryBooster.