Sunday, July 18, 2010

End of the Fever

Victories on 4 occasions definitely made them look like a champions. But who knows, tables were turned around just when they were super hot favourites.

Finally, the world cup ended with dismay and disappointment. I thought the loss at that stage (quarter-finals) was acceptable, but come to think of it, the thorough humilitation by the Germans led me feel otherwise. I've been watching Argentina played in World Cup since i was only a schoolboy, each time, the world cup ended with disappointment, although by far, this is the furthest I've seen them in this World Cup.

The ball is round, that makes it no different from the fact that just because of its shape, anything can happen. Odds were stacked lowly against hot favourites, Spain right before the compeition, so low i didn't see them as a threat. Possibly because there are so many hype on them, I got turned off.

Before the compeition fever even started, i locked my sights on teams that has the potential to create impact in this compeition, less for Australia aside of course. Holland and Argentina seems to be the real potential threat in this competition and turned out to be very true.

Drama follows the moment the compeition starts and it seems like draw is a common result, i can't help but felt that it's one of the most boring World Cup i've ever watched. So boring, i lost my money (damn).

Did a calculations and turned out quite amazingly, i bet a total of 45 matches out of 64 matches, of course, recording only a win out of every 4 matches. All in all, i'm still glad my loss did not hit 3 digits. It's even more fun that me and the girl spent lots of night chat talking about World Cup, and even came up with our very own game of predictions, there's even a prize for it, but somehow, this game of prediction just stopped (there goes my prize). Haa.

Back to my beloved Argentina. 4 straight wins and i was high on hopes on having watched them in their best since years ago and determined to laugh loudly at that bloody octopus. And that turns out to be a greatest humulitation by the Germans. I was not angry nor upset, but more of a utter disappointment i felt deep within myself. Gone are the dreams of watching them lift the trophy.

Just when i thought Holland could possibly live my next best dream, they got dumped out at the very last few minutes of the compeition. Cruel and left my speechless. It's a mixture of good and bed i feel toward this World Cup. Good on the fact that me and the girl both went crazy and started downloading world cup related apps, browsing through apps and web to search for the places we can possibly watch soccer, so crazy we had our impromptu moments. Never before, seriously, had i been so crazy over the desire to catch a soccer match, thanks to bloody Starhub and Singtel i guess. I guess, i won't have to mention anything about the bad..

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Life's An Endless Journey. Design by WPThemes Expert

Blogger Templates and RegistryBooster.