Tuesday, November 15, 2005

NS Medical Checkup

Today i didn't went to school. Instead went for the Ns Medical Checkup at CMPB. Realising i am going to be late when i reach Redhill Mrt, i took a taxi to CMPB instead of bus. On the way there, the taxi driver was telling me, how NS is a waste of time..blah blah blah..i agree totally with what he said..as i felt that National Service today no longer serve its real purpose.

Upon reaching, i have to pass this heavily guarded entrance gate before finally reaching CMPB main building. So on i went and started registering myself. 1st station was eye test, as usual, that will be my fastest test because i had perfect eyesight (Hehe). Next, i proceed on to hearing aid test, got a pass for that too before proceeding for the urine and blood test. Urine test sucks cos u have to actually fill up that small bottle with your urine..YUCKS! After that, it's blood test, that darn medical officer sqeeze my finger so hard that i actually feel the pain when i see blood oozing out from the spot he hit with a needle. Ouch!! Then i enter to the next station - Chest X-ray. From what i know, one cannot take more than one x-ray within 6 months. I just had one chest x-ray taken last month yet i have to take again just because i didn't have any dumb documents to prove. I was wondering will there be any damage to my body? Pray it won't...After that i went to a room to have my height and weight taken. After all that, i strip myself down to shorts and went to this room to do what they call EGC. Well, i don't what's that but what they do is put a few things on your chest, i guess it has something to do with your heartbeat.

All that, went to this room where they started to ask me about my asthma and then strip me naked totally and asked me to cough. Don't know what are they testing on with this. X.X..Finally, it's down to the last section which is also the longest section - IQ test. This stupid test takes more than one hour and i am rotting as the question are mostly dumb. Some even test what i learnt in Secondary school but i have long forgotten what h learnt in school. Wonder if i can pass that section or not..HAHA! As i have a asthma history and is currently under medication, i am being catogorised as PES D. I am required to do another test, something to do with my lungs i suppose before i am eventually being given a another PES status. I hope to be given PES C. At least i will be able to experience army life yet slack all the way..

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Life's An Endless Journey. Design by WPThemes Expert

Blogger Templates and RegistryBooster.